Effective July 1, 2013, the following changes will go into effect under the Georgia Workers' Compensation Act:
(1) The maximum Temporary Total Disability rate will increase from $500.00 per week to $525.00 per week;
(2) The maximum Temporary Partial Disability rate will increase from $334.00 per week to $350.00 per week;
(3) An injured worker who returns to light-duty work pursuant to a Form WC-240 must attempt the light-duty work for at least eight (8) hours or one scheduled workday;
(4) Medical care will be capped at 400 weeks for non-catastrophic injuries; and
(5) The interest rate for calculating present value on advances will be five percent (5%).
If you are looking for a Georgia workers' compensation attorney, please contact one of our Georgia workers' compensation attorneys for a free consultation. Call 404.917.9174